1.03.2015

2015....

Ideas are constantly springing from my imagination, plans and business ideas and solutions to problems, things that are worth pursuing by someone, but probably not me.  I've tried to pick the things that get me going, that are fun and (hopefully) worth the effort, and give them my best attention.  Consequently, I do feel like I'm in at least 3 places at once, every day.  Design shop, online design shop, pillow company, slipcover business, and lately, fabric designs. I've had this blog for ages, (it seemed like the thing to do if one wanted to conquer the internet).  But once I got started, it kinda seemed like a self-promoting distraction since I'm kind of a shy person. So I didn't do it. 
But I wholeheartedly admire people who share their ideas and feelings with the world at large, and really need to work on that.  So I've finally decided what to do with this space.  I have three websites and perhaps more on the way, and there's so much behind-the-scenes designing and discussion and inspiration happening, maybe this is the outlet for it. So, Oxford commas included, I'll be back around with some of the stuff I'm working on, stuff I find that's cool, and hopefully places I get to go (not all glamorous either.)  A bit of a mix-up.

That being said, today went like this:
I planned to make a 4 hour drive to the upstate to see the super-talented folks at the fabric mill. We were going to tour the mill and do some final tweaking of my new line of fabrics. Well, long story short, woke up to epic rain. Biblical flooding, no trip.  Hopefully, next Monday :)
In the meantime, thank you Elizabeth Gilbert for this, which I found today:

Random Tweets

    follow me on Twitter